Frequently Asked Questions on Jewellery Care
Damas Jewellery strives to ensure its products are of the highest quality that you will enjoy for a long time. In order to maintain the same quality of your fine jewellery collection, please view the following jewellery care advice.
Tips for Fine Jewellery General Care:
· Always separate your fine jewelry in a compartmentalized jewellery box. This protects them from scratching against each other. You may place your jewellery in separate pouches for added protection when not being worn.
· Remove all jewellery before showering, cleaning, and doing heavy work.
· Regularly see your jeweller and have them check your ring, earrings, and other precious pieces for loose prongs, dullness, and wear mountings.
· Do wipe your precious jewelry thoroughly with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing. This will enhance the luster and assure that your jewellery is clean before being stored.
· Don't expose your precious jewellery pieces to salt water and harsh chemicals, such as chlorine or detergents. These chemicals may slowly erode the finish and polish of the jewellery. Use of hair spray, perfume and the presence of perspiration may cause jewelry to dull.
For more specific care of your precious collection, follow these simple guidelines:
· Diamonds maybe be tough and durable, however, they can also chip by mishandling and carelessness.
· Don't jumble your diamond pieces in a drawer or jewelry case, because diamonds can scratch other jewelry - and can even scratch each other.
· When storing the fine diamond pieces, wrap each diamond article in tissue paper.
· When traveling, pack a small plastic bottle of prepared jewelry cleaner with your cosmetics. Then you can give your precious pieces a quick "shine-up" any time.
· Invest in especially designed for jewellery travel cases, available in all price ranges and materials. They come in all sizes, shapes and patterns. Most have velvet pads inside to attach pins and earrings, and special compartments for bracelets and necklaces.
· To enjoy the lasting brilliance of your gold jewellery, keep them away from elements like dirt, dust, compounds, and salt water.
· You may regularly take your gold jewellery to any Damas shops for ultrasonic cleaning in order to ensure maximum gold brilliance effect.
· There are many different types of colored gemstones, some of which require specific care and cleaning procedures. Generally, wipe clean your precious gemstones with a soft/damp cloth after wearing. Avoid cleaning solutions and never use commercial cleaners.
· Never use hot or boiling water for cleaning.
· Do not subject gemstone jewelry to sudden temperature changes.
· Put on pearls after applying cosmetics, hair sprays, and perfume, not before.
· Place cultured pearl jewelry in a chamois bar or wrap them in tissue when storing them.
· Bring your pearls back to your jeweler for restringing at least once a year.
· Have pearls strung with a knot between each pearl. This will prevent loss of pearls if the string should break.